Knitted Knockers are hand-knit, soft, comfortable prosthetics, made with love by volunteers, for breast cancer survivors.
More information can be found on the website:
Here is a link to a pattern which uses double-pointed needles:
You will also find tutorials and other patterns based on skill levels.
There is a need right now for size D. The i-cord nipple is optional; there is a greater demand for prosthetics without them. Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima is recommended for softness and comfort as these prosthetics are worn for many hours at a time.
Your help is greatly appreciated as you are making a difference in someone's life...one knocker at a time!
Monday, November 23, 2015
Sunday, November 22, 2015
Our December Meeting features a Silent Auction and Social Knitting. Members are encouraged to bring any stashed yarns, needles, accessories, pattern books, etc., that they would like to donate to the auction. The proceeds will be donated to Hamilton Food Share which was selected at the November meeting. In addition to our Social Knitting, the Tea Cozy Knit-Along group will be sharing the progress on their projects!
Here's a handy checklist of what else to bring to the meeting:
- Small bills/change for silent auction purchases
- Your current knitting project
- Knitting projects that you would like to show and share
- $25 in cash or cheque for your membership fees if you haven't already joined
- $2 door entry fee
- Money for 50-50 Draw tickets
- Any donations that you have knit for "Out of the Cold" or the "Linus Project".